Get ready for a chuffing good day out with miles of smiles – trentbarton and the friendly crew at the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway are bringing you an event filled with fun for all ages.
And it’s all in aid of our Charity of the Year, Help For Heroes. It’ll all be happening at Wirksworth station, which will be turned into a packed-out showground with something for everyone.
Some of the highlights include:
• Vintage bus display, including a 1910 replica London General Omnibus and buses of yesteryear representing the East Midlands region
• Extra trains running all day, with on board entertainment. Kids travel free all day on the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway
• Free bus tours of the local area to and from Carsington Water
• The chance to drive a steam train
• Hear from a driver from the world-record setting Mallard steam locomotive
• Funfair rides and attractions
• Amber Valley beer garden and the debut of new scenic sixes ale
• Your name in lights… get your picture taken with your name on the front of a bus
• Live stage with musical performances from Glamstar (glam rock tribute), Lucille, Top Brass and our very own indigo driver and X-Factor star James Macdonald
• Miniature railway train rides
• Try your hand at being a DJ - the Derby & District Amateur Radio Society will be broadcasting at Duffield station, and Millside Radio will be at Wirksworth station
• Demonstrations from the local fire brigade
• Market stalls selling local crafts and produce
• The zigzag girls present competitions all day with nearly £1000 worth of prizes
• Locally sourced food and drink available all day at the funfair and the Pullman buffet
• 348 Squadron Ilkeston Air Cadets with a banner drill demonstration.
• And more!
Most of the events will start at 10am onwards until around 4pm.
If you're interested in being a stall holder at this event, please click below to download an application form.
Stall holder form
You can hop on one of our free shuttle buses to the event.
get there on the sixes
the sixes every 15 mins Derby and Belper to Duffield station, where you can change on to the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway for Wirksworth. Trains leave Duffield at 9.15am, 11.15am, 1.15am and 3.15am.
the sixes 6.1 every hour Derby, Belper or Bakewell to Wirksworth
the sixes 6.1 every 30 mins Matlock or Matlock Bath to Wirksworth
getting there by train
You can change at Duffield Station for trains to Wirksworth. Catch either the sixes every 15 mins from Derby or Belper or connect from East Midlands Trains services along the Derby-Matlock line.
Ecclesbourne Valley Railway trains runs throughout the day from Duffield to Wirksworth. In addition to the regular timetable, there is also an extra train leaving Duffield at 9.15am from Wirksworth running especially for the event.
arriving in Wirksworth
Our buses on the sixes drop you off within a 5 min walk to the event. If you really have to come by car, we have free event car park available too at the Lime Kiln. Pay and Display parking is available in Wirksworth Market Place.
There is also parking available at Duffield Station.