A52 Wyvern road closures
The night time closures on the A52 will begin once again on Monday 8 January & will run until Wednesday 28 February. The closures will follow the same pattern as before, being closed between Pentagon and Raynesway between 8pm and 6am, with the slip road onto the A52 at Wyvern also being closed.
What's being done?
- A replacement pedestrian & cycle bridge across the A52 from Meadow Lane in Chaddesden to the Wyvern. This will be wider than the existing one and will include ramps so that it is accessible to all users.
- Extra lanes added on the A52 near the Wyvern junctions.
- Carriageway resurfacing & replacement safety barriers.
- A new 2 lane slip road off the A52 into Wyvern / Pride Park.
- A new signal controlled crossroads at the junction of Wyvern Way & Derwent. Parade with bus priority detectors on the westbound approach.
- improvements to help pedestrians ans cyclists including new shared use routes & new crossing facilities.
When will the work take place?
To minimise congestion, the A52 works will take place overnight every Monday - Friday.
How will this affect you?
Due to closures, red arrow, spondon flyer and ilkeston flyer will need to divert using Nottingham Road. This should only add between 5 and 10 minutes to your journey.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause & our friendly drivers will do their best to keep you moving.